Series 9 ....

For everything to do with Doctor Who.
TheDoctor80
Re: Series 9 ....

Post by TheDoctor80 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:44 pm

Oh don't worry about the spoiler factor. I kinda figured when the title was about a raven.

I totally get the binge watching thing. There is no pulling the hair out waiting.

And you'll only be upset for a week? I was thinking more a month when Capaldi leaves.

Sent from my tricorder

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:55 pm

I figure sometime during that week of sulking something stupid will happen to me in one of my five hockey leagues to get me over it :D

True, the instant gratification factor is there, but I feel you don't full absorb and enjoy everything you just saw when you're speeding on to the next episode, but that could be just me

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:53 pm

I do prefer the weekly watch. Especially shows I really am invested in. Some shows however I can binge watch. Doctor Who is not a binge watch show anymore. I need the weekly suspense and throwing out theories.

Sent from my tricorder

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:24 am

This is the first week I had to refuse watching the week before's episode, I'm just refusing to deal with the Clara scenario and we started Jessica Jones instead

.....we're 25 minutes into the new one now and I swear this whole thing is the Doctor having a nervous breakdown.....

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:24 pm

Well hot damn I was pleasantly WRONG about that episode..... 'dat ending.....WOW

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:04 pm

It's a it's a it's a.... why the hell did you have to brain fuck me so hard with that ending. I mean I kinda figured out the whole he's repeating events thing quickly, but going to Gallifrey and having The Doctor confess he's the hybrid was a huge twist. I had to watch the ending again a few times to make sure I heard right.

Sent from my tricorder

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:51 pm

This has been hinted at too since Capaldi took over as the Doctor too (and maybe it explains his extra regenerations too)...even back when the Dalek called him "a good Dalek" so this was one helluva build to this...but now the Gallifrey can of worms is open and can not be closed.....oh boy!

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:29 pm

I saw those things too but was in denial. But what can happen now. THE Doctor would not be above destroying Gallifrey for Clara. Although we know that won't happen. Some genius idea will make itself known and he'll be better than that.

Sent from my tricorder

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:35 pm

It's also unclear if Gallifrey is back in the real world or did the Doctor somehow end up in the time lock they were stuck in since the end of the Time War....again it sucks waiting a week to find out!!! I need to rewatch that episode!!!

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:28 pm

I think he ended up in the pocket dimension he created for them. He somehow broke into that lock.

Sent from my tricorder