MegaCon 2015

Looking to organize a meetup with your fellow geeks? Want to setup an event with the other members? Maybe you just want to organize a rewatch. Do it here!
Starsaber
MegaCon 2015

Post by Starsaber » Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:06 am

I should have posted this sooner to see if anyone else was going to be there, but I just got back from the first day of MegaCon.

Lots of cool costumes including large numbers of Harley Quinns, Starlords, and a surprising number of variations on Tony Stark. One costume I saw that I really didn't expect to was an awesome Groot.

I got way more art than I should have, but there weren't many patches that interested me that I didn't already have, so it came out about even.

The end of the day was a bit disappointing because there was some kind of schedule problem and David Ramsey (Diggle) wasn't there for his photo-op this afternoon. I'll be back on Sunday, but needing to squeeze that in will make my schedule even more packed, since all 3 of my photo ops are going to be in less than an hour. I'll need to get there right away for the first one, so I probably won't be able to go to the Firefly panel (or will have to leave about half way through it).

All of my pictures (including most of my swag, though I'm still flattening a couple pictures I put in a poster tube) are at http://s315.photobucket.com/user/Nelson ... Con%202015

Is anyone else going to be there on Sunday?
Consultant Black Adam of Legends of SHIELD

Starsaber

Re: MegaCon 2015

Post by Starsaber » Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:56 am

They're still a bit curved, but here are the last two prints I got. I haven't posted all of them, but I did upload them all.

I also got a STAR Labs decal for my car (didn't see a sweatshirt, but since I'm in Orlando, I wouldn't end up wearing it much if I bought one.

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:46 pm

That looks awesome! I always want to go, but usually my vacation budget doesn't allow for this. I know often F3G2's Sebastian goes to this. I wonder if he's going this year?

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:00 pm

I need to get to a con again. Haven't been in 2 years. It was great times.

Live long and prosper.

Starsaber

Post by Starsaber » Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:38 pm

Went back for my photo ops today (but skipped the Firefly panel because I was on a tight schedule). I was a bit more restrained on the art purchases, but I did go back to the guy who did the Coulson print (Jamie Fay) to get his Agents of SHIELD Mockingbird. I also went by Darwyn Cook's table and got a print there (Need to put it under something heavy for a while to flatten it out.

I saw another Groot, but something beat him out for the most unexpected costume.

There was also a "size changing" Ant-Man that was pretty fun. I actually met them in the food court earlier in the day

stargatepioneer

Post by stargatepioneer » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:26 am

It looks like you had atom of fun Starsaber!

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:05 pm

I found out that Sebastian didn't make it this year -- but I'm glad to see there was a GonnaGeeker there! :)

Starsaber

Post by Starsaber » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:47 am

I just got back from the first day of MegaCon Fan Days and spent a bunch at Artists Alley and saw some cool cosplay. I probably didn't need a 2 day pass with the size it ended up being, but it should still be fun.

Starsaber

Post by Starsaber » Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:05 pm

I only did half a day today, but it was still pretty fun.

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:52 pm

Man I need to get to a con again. That last Flash artwork I want. Amazing.

Sent from my tricorder