Introductions

Looking to organize a meetup with your fellow geeks? Want to setup an event with the other members? Maybe you just want to organize a rewatch. Do it here!
Scott the Hockey Guy
Re: Introductions

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:39 pm

Sithwitch wrote:It's about time I get off my ass and post here, considering that my podcast is here and all.

I'm Lauren, I cohost Legends of S.H.I.E.L.D., and I'm a huge geek/nerd. Except I'm actually tiny. But I make up for it with a lot of enthusiasm. I'm pretty easily found on Twitter and Tumblr (sithwitch on the one, sithwitch13 on the other) and I can be very easily persuaded to talk about geeky things of all persuasions at the slightest provocation.

Also I swear a lot more than you would think if you only know me from Twitter and the podcast. Anyone who has met me IRL or remembers me from Quantum Tavern can attest to that. But my mom follows me on Twitter, so I've kept that at about PG-13 for her sake.
HI!!! I think I know you from GWC.....I think???

Its good to see membership being a lil more active in here....slowly....but surely.....

Funny you mention that....when my mother added me on Facebook I warned her "I will offend you daily on there since I don't filter"....her genius answer "well that's ok....you do that anyway" :mrgreen:

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:36 pm

Sithwitch wrote:It's about time I get off my ass and post here, considering that my podcast is here and all.

I'm Lauren, I cohost Legends of S.H.I.E.L.D., and I'm a huge geek/nerd. Except I'm actually tiny. But I make up for it with a lot of enthusiasm. I'm pretty easily found on Twitter and Tumblr (sithwitch on the one, sithwitch13 on the other) and I can be very easily persuaded to talk about geeky things of all persuasions at the slightest provocation.

Also I swear a lot more than you would think if you only know me from Twitter and the podcast. Anyone who has met me IRL or remembers me from Quantum Tavern can attest to that. But my mom follows me on Twitter, so I've kept that at about PG-13 for her sake.
Welcome Lauren!! I had no idea on the swear-front, perhaps we should get you on Legends sometime so we can hear lol

Sithwitch

Post by Sithwitch » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:15 pm

Scott the Hockey Guy wrote: HI!!! I think I know you from GWC.....I think???
Yep, I used to be on the forums there. Haven't been on in forever. Were you one of the ones I was trying to get ahold of for Gen Con? Your name is really familiar in any case.
Stephen wrote:I had no idea on the swear-front, perhaps we should get you on Legends sometime so we can hear lol
Ask Eric or Wing, they have been present for some of the swearing. I think Wing was on one of the QT Christmas casts when I got really, really drunk and started rambling about penises for a while.

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:52 pm

Sithwitch wrote:
Scott the Hockey Guy wrote: HI!!! I think I know you from GWC.....I think???
Yep, I used to be on the forums there. Haven't been on in forever. Were you one of the ones I was trying to get ahold of for Gen Con? Your name is really familiar in any case.
Probably....I go to Gen Con every year, even the 11 hour drive is part of the vacation experience for me!!
I was on Twitter a few weeks ago being irked at how dead GWC is now, and was referred here :)

I also went to the Dallas Meet-up in 2013 too....that was awesomeness!

Sithwitch

Post by Sithwitch » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:08 am

I was there in 2013! Was that the year I fell off the chair, or was that the year before?

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:20 am

Sithwitch wrote:I was there in 2013! Was that the year I fell off the chair, or was that the year before?
Must have been 2012....I'd have remembered THAT!!!! :shock:

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:44 am

Thanks to whoever referred you here! As for gen con, maybe next year you'll run into the boys from Unqualified Gamers.. I think they go every year.