Season 6!

Talk about The CW's Arrow!
Scott the Hockey Guy
Season 6!

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:27 pm

A solid opener too, not as epic as Flash and Supergirl was....and the Flashbacks are gone!!!!!
(well minus the ones we needed to find out what happened after the "Michael Bay moment" on the Island.....amazing how much of that island survived bomb-a-geddon)

To the shock of no one Samantha went BOOM....though Thea's injuries were a bit of a shock....the one good deed Malcolm does for his daughter and it keeps her safe for all of 15 minutes....he's gonna be PISSED when he comes back to the show....heh, if you watched Flash you already knew Me-licity and Curtis were ok, this whole Diggle thing is a bit weird too

as for Black Siren....I really think Katie Cassidy found her calling playing the heel on this show....she seems so much more natural and having more fun with it....and dammit Lance....she is NOT YOUR DAUGHTER.....they need to take him parallel Earth spinning so he can get that through his messed up head....

the actual episode was kinda just "alright here's everyone and things are kinda back to normal".....and then the end of the episode hits....about damn time Oliver got busted running around without the mask and hood on though....should be an interesting episode or two while this small arc plays itself out....made me really want next week to get here already!

TheDoctor80

Re: Season 6!

Post by TheDoctor80 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:14 am

It was a pretty solid opening. Seeing what happens and the I guess PTSD that some people are experiencing, Well mainly Diggle.

I knew they wouldn't let Renne just not have another hearing for his daughter. Kids seem to be the focal of this season.

I do like the way Katie is playing Black Siren. She is having more fun for sure.

I really liked the closing for Slade and Oliver. I do hope we see him again though.

Poor Thea I was not expecting to see her like that. But Malcolm will find away to heal her. If not him someone else.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:44 pm

Apparently the Thea thing is because the actress asked for a lesser role this season, I don't think we're gonna see Malcolm at all this year (shame), but we'll see when he does eventually come back and how he'll reign down on Oliver for this....heh

We're supposedly getting a two part Deathstroke-centered story....I am ready for that!!

Yeah the theme for this season is "family" so it makes sense Rene will get his kiddo back too

If I had to rate the premieres this week I'd go:
Supergirl
Flash
Arrow
Legends

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:20 pm

Oh a two part deathstroke. I'm glad about that. He's such a good character.

I didn't know about the screws wanting a lesser role. So good way to write her out not off. Maybe she has some other projects in the works or personal stuff.

If we don't see Captain Jack... I mean Malcolm I'll not be too surprised, but I will miss him. Sure he might go all hard on Oliver for Thea or he may not who knows.

I agree with the ranking of shows although I am torn if Supergirl was better than Flash, but that could just be my Flash tinted glasses being used. I've been a Flash fan since I was well as long as I can remember.

I can't wait to see how Ollie gets out of this media mess.

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:46 am

So Arrow is snapping up to have a lot of heart this season.

I'm watching last week's episode and wow.

The plot lines they are throwing out there.

But I want to see what became of Vigilante from last season.

They are pushing family hard and friendship.

Poor John having shrapnel causing degenerative nerve damage. At first I thought it was just bad memories from the island. Seeing him compromised and almost letting Dinah sad was hard. Is he leaving the team or the show?

They too are being slow building who the baddie is this year.

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:38 am

I don't really like this "Oliver on the sidelines" thing....I am shocked it lasted one episode....even with him trying to win the kid over....

John's gonna add a drug issue to everything else......this doesn't end well...

And ugh....no...Oliver....BACK AWAY FROM FELICITY..... goddamit....no...don't be the peppy helpful stepmother gimmick (I should talk with Jamie's kids :p )....no....don't....bring.....them....ugh.... nononononononononono......this has the potential to wipe out a season's plus of Goodwill they've earned.....

I think I'd rate the 4 episodes this week:
Supergirl
Flash
Arrow
Legends..... more on that in the right thread....

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:59 am

John's drug issue is probably going to be their version of what happened to his comic side kick speedy. Plus it will be the reason Oliver comes back. I wonder what drug it will be.

You're right about Oliver and Felicity that is moving way too fast again. I think he should have said yeah it's a key in case you are tutoring William.

I too don't like Oliver being on the side lines. It's rough seeing him not join the team.

So we have now had more name drops in Arrow. Bruce Wayne, more Kord industries. I wonder who will be next.

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:37 pm

Good point on the drug thing.....wonder if it's Mirakiru ....haaahhh, it would be funny if it's a Gingold extract since we have Mr Dibny sniffing his flexible nose around....

Yeah, say it's for the kid...I don't want them going back to THE BIGGEST MISTAKE this show ever did....

You can see Oliver hates being on the sidelines....he's already got a bit of the itch too...

I mentioned it in Flash....I hope the name drop is "Grayson".....

TheDoctor80

Post by TheDoctor80 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:42 am

Oh yeah another name drop. One of the company names Felicity had on her board was Oracle.

Scott the Hockey Guy

Post by Scott the Hockey Guy » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:05 am

They had mentioned that when they were working on a codename for Felicity....and they Oracle? and Oliver snarled and said "that's taken"....but was worth re-seeing :)